The Mytilene Civil Hospital or Hotel is the only charitable Institution of old Mytilene and was the main Social Welfare institution in Lesvos during the Ottoman period. It is known today as "Charity Stores" and it is based in the town of Mytilene, opposite St Therapon Church, at 2 Karantoni Street.
The Civil Hospital has not been limited to the domain of Charity (treating the sick, helping the poor, elderly, and orphans). It has played an important role in the education and spiritual development of the place from 1844 onwards.
The first written text which was found in its now digitized archives dates from 1813.